Saturday 14 March 2009

First characters are born


March. The spring is here. And, though British spring deals out good weather grudgingly, I feel its presence and I feel its call. My first characters are beginning to sprout from the small seeds I’ve planted over the last months and I can’t wait to see how they are going to turn out. Let me introduce them to you.

Present day. An American family in time of change. Congressman Leo Clarke has been given a new assignment as the Chairman of the Committee on Natural Resources. The family moves to their nice new house in the suburbs of Washington, DC. Sally Clarke is forced to give up her University job and become a schoolteacher. Ten-year-old Amanda Clarke, Leo’s and Sally’s only child, is least affected by the move. She lives and breathes computers, hangs out on the Net and her virtual world moves seamlessly with her. Besides, she’s still surrounded by love and care of her parents. What else does a kid need?

No comments:

Post a Comment